Lipstick Vs Lip Stain: Why I Prefer Lip Stains and Will Never Go Back to Lipstick

I sort of have a love/hate relationship with lipstick.

I love being able to have a bright or bold look for my lips especially for special occasions, but I hated that I could not find a lipstick that I didn't have to reapply all night. I mean what was the point of wearing it if it was worn off after two hours into the night?

One of my friends recently introduced me to lip stains and I have to say that I am once again excited about my lips. I've been using lip stains for a few months now and I have to say that I probably won't go back to lipstick again.

Here are just some of the reasons why I prefer lip stain over lipstick and why you may want to try some lip stains as well.

Lip Stain Lasts Much Longer


I have bought long lasting lipsticks and I have to say that they really aren't that long lasting. Yes, they usually last longer than a normal lipstick but I am still usually re-applying every 2-3 hours, which can be quite a lot.

Lip stains actually dyes your lips so they won't simply rub off easily or wear off after a few hours. You can get a lot more than 2-3 hours of color from them and there are even some lip stains that last up to 10-12 hours.

You Don't Have to Carry It Around With You


Since you don't have to re-apply your lip color all the time, you don't need to carry your lip stain around with you. Although this may not seem like a big deal to some women, the less I have to carry with me, the better. I'm sort of a minimalist when it comes to going out and if I only have my cell phone, keys and wallet, I am good to go.

Lip Stain Doesn't Get On Your Teeth or Other People


How embarrassing is it when you are all dressed and made up and think you are rocking it, to only have someone tell you that you have lipstick on your teeth?

This has actually happened a few times and luckily it is usually my husband who lets me know before anyone else sees it, but still with lip stain I don't have to worry about it anymore.

The lip stain won't transfer off your lips onto your teeth like lipstick will. This also means it doesn't come off and transfer to other things like cups and your shirt and other people.


The thing about lip stain is that I not only use it for special occasions and nights out, but there are also nude and other more subtle colors that you can were on a daily basis. Since you don't have to worry about reapplying it all the time you can simply put it on in the morning and go about your day.

One thing that I do have to say about lip stains is that some will dry out your lips if you don't apply a gloss or moisturizer over it. Usually I only have to do this when I apply the lip stain and don't have to worry about reapplying the gloss. There are some lip stains that are double ended and have the stain on one end and the moisturizer on the other so you have an all-in -one product.

No comments:

Post a Comment